9 killed, 27 wounded in Chicago Memorial Day weekend shootings: US media
CHICAGO – At least nine people have been shot and killed in Chicago over the Memorial Day weekend, the deadliest one since 2015.
The dead are among at least 36 people shot from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, according to the Chicago Tribune.
With a day still to go in the long weekend, the number of shootings is approaching 2019's total despite a coronavirus stay-at-home order, Saturday's severe storms and added police patrols, the paper said.
Over the Memorial Day weekend in 2019, 43 people were shot, seven fatally. The most injured in one year was 2016 with at least 69 shot, six fatally, while 2015 saw 12 people killed, according to the paper.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020