CPNE demands foolproof security to journalists
KARACHI - Observing the current wave of terrorist attacks by non-state actors and calls of protests and strikes by the political parties, Council of Pakistan Newspaper Editors (CPNE) has demanded the government to provide free move and foolproof security to journalists and media practitioners.
According to a press release, the demand made by President CPNE Mr Zia Shahid and Secretary General Aijazul Haq in a joint declaration.
Furthermore, they proclaimed that the recent attack on Police Training Center Quetta has terrorised the public and especially the journalists.
They said Journalists are always operating on the front line to report the news, where they are severely at risk and are an easy target for the non-state actors. Therefore the government must provide foolproof security to media practitioners and journalists.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020