Iraq to unveil World’s Largest Cooking Oil Plant
BAGHDAD (Web Desk) - Iraq is constructing the world’s largest cooking oil plant with a production capacity of nearly 3,200 tonnes a day, an Iraqi newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The project in the Central Babil governorate for the production of palm, soya, sunflower and corn oil will be completed in November 2016, the Arabic language daily Al-Mada said, quoting Haidar Al-Nomani, manager of the Babil-based Etihad Food Industries Co, a private venture which owns the plant.
“This is the largest cooking oil plant in the world….the second largest plant is in the Netherland, with an output capacity of 2,000 tonnes a day…this project will be officially inaugurated in March 2017,” he said.
The project is located Southwest of the governorate’s capital Hillah and that nearly 45% of construction and engineering work has been completed, according to the Emirates247.
- Pakistan announces to reopen all sectors with sops09:47 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020