Chinese VP hosts banquet for PM Imran-led Pakistani delegation
The premier was flanked by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Adviser on Finance Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Adviser on Trade Abdul Razzaq Dawood, Minister for Railways Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed, Federal Minister for Water Resources Faisal Vawda, Federal Minister for Power Omar Ayub Khan, Advisor on Climate Change Malik Amin Aslam and other senior officials during the meeting.
The Chinese Vice President also hosted a banquet for the Pakistani prime minister and the delegation of Pakistan on behalf of President Xi Jinping.
Prime Minister Imran Khan along with Pakistani Delegation meets Vice President of China Mr. Wang Qishan at Beijing, China. Vice President also hosted a banquet for the Prime Minister and the delegation of Pakistan on behalf of President Xi Jinping. #PMImranKhanInChina #BRF2019 pic.twitter.com/jx6TPz3uez— Government of Pakistan (@GovtofPakistan) April 27, 2019
During the meeting both the sides discussed ways to cement ties between the two countries in diverse fields.
The prime minister is on a four-day official visit to China to attend the second Belt and Road Forum.
Earlier in the day, the prime minister stressed the need for further boosting connectivity under the umbrella of Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Addressing Leader’s Roundtable Session of 2nd Belt and Road Forum, he said we should also consider digital connectivity, mobility of labour and transfer of skills, cultural links and knowledge and innovation connectivity to further expand the scope of the BRI.
PM Imran emphases on bolstering connectivity ... 11:59 AM | 27 Apr, 2019
BEIJING - Prime Minister Imran Khan has stressed the need for further boosting connectivity under the umbrella of Belt ...
Addressing the BRI forum a day earlier, the premier called for joint efforts towards addressing impediments on the way to sustainable growth.
The prime minister said we must undertake joint efforts to mitigate the adverse impact of climate change, establish BRI tourism corridors to promote people to people and intercultural understanding, anti-corruption office, poverty alleviation fund and concerted efforts to further liberalize trade and investment flows encouraging the private sector and businesses to collaborate in projects.
The premier said that BRI offers a model of collaboration, partnership, connectivity and shared prosperity. The presence of so many leaders today is the proof that we choose hope over despair and cooperation over confrontation.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021