Senate unanimously adopts resolution against blasphemous caricatures
ISLAMABAD - A unanimous resolution was adopted on Monday in the upper house of legislative chamber against the blasphemous caricature competition in Netherlands.
The resolution was tabled by newly elected Leader of the House Shibli Faraz.
After passing of the resolution, Prime Minister Imran Khan in his first speech in Senate said very few Europeans understand hurting of Muslim sentiments over blasphemous content.
The prime minister said his government would approach Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to resolve this issue.
Pakistan lodges strong protest over blasphemous ... 08:10 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Foreign Office (FO) called on Monday the charge d'affaires of Netherlands to record protest against ...
Earlier, the Foreign Office (FO) of Pakistan called the charge d’affaires of Netherlands to record protest against the blasphemous cartoon competition.
The leader of Dutch Freedom Party and Parliamentarian Geert Wilders had announced to hold a competition of blasphemous caricatures.
According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office, Pakistan’s Ambassador in The Hague has also been instructed to forcefully raise the issue with the Dutch government along with Ambassadors of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states.
- Martyred PIA pilot’s father questions credibility of plane crash ...08:35 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020