Ex-CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry for 'ruthless accountability'
In his first ever interview since her left CJP office three years ago, Chaudhry said that he was ashamed of ratify Mushrraf's 1999 martial law. He further added that in 2007 Musharraf hurled baseless allegations against me and asked me to tender resignation but I refused.
To a question former chief justice said that nobody present in his meeting with Pervez Musharraf took his side including then Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. I started holding top officials accountable across the board which result in fury among high ranks, he said.
Iftikhar Chaudhry for the first time openly denied accusations against his son Arsalan Iftikhar saying that the latter never met Malik Riaz. I constituted a commission to investigate the allegations against my own son to avoid any controversy, he stated.
When asked about future of his political party, he said that a large number of politicians and lawyers are with me and I hope people of Pakistan will also welcome our party's manifesto.
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021