KP university’s watchman completes M.Phil degree
PESHAWAR – A man, who was appointed as security guard 20 years ago on matric qualification, has now earned his M.Phil degree from Agriculture University Peshawar.
However, Noor Marjan still works as a watchman at the Sheikh Zayed Islamic Center at the University of Peshawar despite completing his research on ‘comparative analysis of tribal customs with customs of Hindu and Sikhs’.
While hoping to get a better job, Noor told Independent Urdu that he sometimes gets very upset. “But I can't give it up because if I give up, there is no other source of livelihood and my pension will be lost.”
Noor Marjan has also worked in various departments at the same university as a janitor. He said that in 2014 he was given the duty of Superintendent of Examinations which he performed well for four years, later he was given the responsibility of a clerk in a university hostel, which he also performed well. But now he has been given the duty of watchman again.
Appealing to the government and the university administration, Noor Marjan said, "My request is that I be given a duty according to my education."
'I have done M.Phil including B.Ed and M.Ed which is related to the field of education, so if I am not a lecturer then at least I should be given the duty of teaching assistant so that I can continue my education for the betterment of children.”
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020