CDA director dies of coronavirus
ISLAMABAD - Roshan Khan Junejo, a director of the Capital Development Authority, lost his life to novel coronavirus days after contracting infection.
Junejo had isolated himself at his residence after he got positive in COVID-19 test.
He was shifted to a hospital for treatment earlier this week after his health condition deteriorated. He was also placed on ventilator but could not survive.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 198,691, according to government data on Saturday.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 4,035, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 86,906 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 1,602, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 1,180 and 879 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 108 fatalities; Islamabad, 115 deaths; Gilgit Baltistan, 23; and Azad Kashmir, 25.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020