PTI MPA tests positive for coronavirus
PESHAWAR - A member of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assembly on Friday tested positive for novel coronavirus infections as number of cases in the province reached to 147.
Abdul Salam Afridi, who is also a stalwart of ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has been quarantined at his house to save other family members from the disease, local media reported.
Afridi belongs to Nayabat Manga constituency where first coronavirus death was reported. The minister has been present in his constituency since then and now diagnosed with the infection.
In a message on Twitter, the lawmaker has urged public to adopt safety precaution to avoid the disease.
akistan leads South Asia with the highest number of coronavirus cases in the region, a total of 1,235 (seven of them critical) till Thursday morning, according to government data.
The death toll due to COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, has risen to nine after a coronavirus patient died in federal capital (Islamabad) on Thursday.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022