PTI MPA tests positive for coronavirus
PESHAWAR - A member of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assembly on Friday tested positive for novel coronavirus infections as number of cases in the province reached to 147.
Abdul Salam Afridi, who is also a stalwart of ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has been quarantined at his house to save other family members from the disease, local media reported.
Afridi belongs to Nayabat Manga constituency where first coronavirus death was reported. The minister has been present in his constituency since then and now diagnosed with the infection.
In a message on Twitter, the lawmaker has urged public to adopt safety precaution to avoid the disease.
akistan leads South Asia with the highest number of coronavirus cases in the region, a total of 1,235 (seven of them critical) till Thursday morning, according to government data.
The death toll due to COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, has risen to nine after a coronavirus patient died in federal capital (Islamabad) on Thursday.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020