Justice Ameer Bhatti recommended for LHC Chief Justice post
ISLAMABAD – Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Gulzar Ahmed Wednesday recommended Justice Muhammad Ameer Bhatti for the post of the Lahore High Court (LHC) chief justice.
The name of Justice Ameer Bhatti has been recommended for the position as the incumbent LHC CJ Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan is set to retire by July 5.
Chief Justice of Pakistan summoned a Judicial Commission meeting on June 10 to ponder over the nomination of Justice Ameer.
Justice Ameer Bhatti became an additional LHC judge in the year 2011 and he will retire on March 7, 2024. He is currently a senior puisne judge, a judge of a superior court inferior in rank to the chief justice, in the LHC.
LHC judge named in Panama Papers resigns amid SJC ... 06:56 PM | 9 Apr, 2019
LAHORE - A senior judge of the Lahore High Court (LHC) Justice Muhammad Farrukh Irfan Khan resigned from his post on ...
Justice Gulzar is also reportedly mulling the elevation of two judges to the apex court as two seats are vacant. Justice Faisal Arab retired on November 4, while Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik left the charge on April 30.
- PSL 2021: Peshawar Zalmi to lock horns against Quetta Gladiators today10:13 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021