PM Imran holds discretionary powers under Article 243, can grant extension to COAS, says Asad Umar
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Planning Asad Umar has said that General Qamar Javed Bajwa is the most capable person for national security, peace and civilian supremacy.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister said that keeping in view the extraordinary situation in Kashmir and the region, there is dire need to take the decision regarding an extension for General Bajwa, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Minister said the prime minister held the discretionary powers under Article 243 and can grant an extension to Army Chief.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019