PM Imran holds discretionary powers under Article 243, can grant extension to COAS, says Asad Umar
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Planning Asad Umar has said that General Qamar Javed Bajwa is the most capable person for national security, peace and civilian supremacy.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister said that keeping in view the extraordinary situation in Kashmir and the region, there is dire need to take the decision regarding an extension for General Bajwa, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Minister said the prime minister held the discretionary powers under Article 243 and can grant an extension to Army Chief.
- Zindagi Tamasha: Sarmad Khoosat writes open letter to Imran Khan ...11:37 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, US Senator Lindsey Graham discusses Pak-US bilateral ...11:14 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq left 11 soldiers Injured09:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan to tell US it will not be part of any conflict: FM Qureshi08:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan makes a case for leaving your makeup at home while ...04:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019