"Azan got more highlighted"-Sonu Nigam
On Thursday in his social media post he said "he had also mentioned Temple and Gurdwara, but 'Azaan' got highlighted".
“The issue of loudspeaker was in my office. But when I raised my voice against it, they fit one near my house also as a way to protest. It’s the right of every citizen to raise their voice against anything wrong and not tolerate it,” he said.
According to him, religion was also added to the issue. Talking about the controversy that embroiled the media earlier this year, he said he feels people in India don’t try to understand the meaning of words or look into it deeply.
He argued that since there was no electricity back when religions originated, therefore he doesn’t believe in any temple or gurdwara using electricity to wake people up who don’t follow the respective religions.
Back then the singer even shaved off his head in confrontation of a 'fatwa' issued by Syed Sha Atef Ali Al Quaderi of the West Bengal Minority Council.
Follow us: https://www.instagram.com/dailypakistandp/
- T20 World Cup: Sri Lanka bowl first against Bangladesh02:59 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- On UN Day, Pakistan Army reaffirms resolve to peacekeeping missions02:39 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021