Kohli overtakes Messi in Forbes’ list of most valuable players
According to Forbes, the 28-year-old cricketer is ranked seventh in the list with a brand value of $14.5 million, which puts him ahead of Messi who is at ninth ($13.5 million), golfer Rory McIlroy and Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry.
Tennis great Roger Federer tops the list with a brand value of $37.2 million, followed by basketball star LeBron James ($33.4 million) and sprint champion Usain Bolt ($27 million).
Portugal and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo sits at fourth ($21.5 million), golfer Philip Mickelson ($19.6 million) at fifth and Tiger Woods ($16.6 million) at sixth.
The Forbes ‘World's Most Valuable Sports Brands 2017’ list assesses the ‘brand value’ of athletes by calculating their earnings – excluding salary and bonus fees from their sport – and all investment income.-Online
- PM Imran reaches Saudi Arabia for climate summit05:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: England win the toss and choose to bowl first04:39 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Aliya Ali faces severe backlash for wearing bold dress05:23 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021