Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in nail-biting finish in second T20I
ABU DHABI - Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka by two wickets in the second Twenty20 international played in Abu Dhabi on Friday, to win the three-match series.
Pakistan needed 125 runs to clinch the T20 series against Sri Lanka after another brilliant display of bowling.
Shoaib Malik was caught behind on a ball by Perera while Ahmed Shehzad was also caught on a ball by the same bowler.
Medium-pace Faheem Ashraf ripped through the Sri Lankan batting line-up as he claimed three wickets in just as many balls, getting a hat-trick in the 19th over.
The third and final match will be played in Lahore on Sunday.
Earlier, Pakistan skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed won the toss and decided to bowl first against Sri Lanka in the second T20I match at Abu Dhabi on Friday (today).
Pakistan kept the same team which won the first match by seven wickets, also played at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, on Thursday.
Sri Lanka also decided to keep the same combination as they look to level the three-match series.
It was the 70th T20I win for Pakistan, the most by any team in the shortest format of the game. It also marked 10th victory in 12 T20Is for Sarfraz Ahmed as captain, bringing his win percentage to 83.33%.
The teams will fly to Lahore for the third and final T20I at Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday, October 29.
The day will mark the return of top-flight cricket to Pakistan, as Sri Lanka become the first major cricket team to visit the country since they were targeted in a deadly ambush in 2009 -- with attack survivors among those returning to the scene.
Sunday's game comes after Lahore also hosted this year's Pakistan Super League final and the Independence Cup series between Pakistan and World XI last month.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20I will begin at 09:00pm PST.
Where to watch the match live?
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, second T20I will be broadcast live on PTV Sports, Ten Sports, and Sony Six HD.
How do I live stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, second T20I?
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan
Sri Lanka: Danushka Gunathilaka, Dilshan Munaweera, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Ashan Priyanjan, Mahela Udawatte, Sachith Pathirana, Dasun Shanaka, Seekkuge Prasanna, Thisara Perera (capt), Isuru Udana, Vikum Sanjaya
The last match of the three matches series will be played in Lahore on Sunday.
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill 16 terrorists in KP, Balochistan IBOs12:18 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Daughter of PM Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi ‘marries’ Pakistani ...11:50 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021