SC dismisses NAB’s plea seeking Shehbaz Sharif’s name on ECL
ISLAMABAD - A Supreme Court bench has dismissed the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) plea, seeking Opposition leader in the National Assembly (NA) Shehbaz Sharif’s name in the exit control list (ECL) today (Tuesday) while inquiring assets beyond means case.
According to media details, a three-member bench of the apex court headed by Justice Mushir Alam heard the case and observed that the travel ban on the PML-N leader was unnecessary when the high court issued the order.
The NAB had added Shehbaz Sharif’s name in the ECL. The Lahore High Court (LHC) with an order removed his name from the ECL.
NAB has been authorized under the anti-money laundering law, Prosecutor Jahanzeb Bharwana said.
Justice Muneeb Akhtar said that we know the accountability court has jurisdiction.
The court also questioned that when Shehbaz Sharif is in jail, why the NAB is seeking to put his name in the ECL?
- Ex-class fellow accuses Babar Azam of sexual and financial abuse07:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #CongratsBibi trends in Pakistan as Bakhtawar is engaged07:02 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Toyota Corolla Cross to launch 'next month' (Specs & Features ...06:37 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Google Doodle pays tribute to Bano Qudsia on 92nd birthday11:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020