Brazil court orders seizure of Neymar’s assets
Brazilian tax authorities have demand that the star 23-year-old striker pay nearly 63.6 million $16 million in taxes on undeclared income between 2011 and 2013.
The court ordered 150 percent of that total seized to ensure payment of interest and penalties for alleged tax evasion related to his move from Brazilian-league club Santos to Barcelona, which was completed in June 2013.
The Spanish media reported in January 2014, citing leaked documents from a Spanish court probe into the transfer, that the Catalan club paid a total of 95 million Euros in three separate multi-million-euro payments between 2011 and 2013, not the officially announced 57 million euro.
Brazil’s tax agency said the player evaded taxes by declaring a chunk of the money he earned from his signing with Barcelona.
Neymar also failed to declare income from endorsement deals, the sale of image rights and other contracts signed with Barcelona and other companies between 2011 and 2013, the tax agency said.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020