Pakistan lifts Asian Beach Games Kabaddi title after beating arch rival India
The players routed India by 30-28 points to win gold medal, according to Pakistan Olympic Association.
Earlier, Pakistan won semi-final of Asian Beach Championship by beating South Korea in nail-biting match.
The national team became winner with 35 points against South Korea while India-Pakistan match was declared draw with 21-21 points.
Pakistan Kabaddi team left for Vietnam on Sep 21 (Wednesday) to participate in the Games.
The World Cup is considered one of the biggest events of Kabaddi in the region. The event featured 12 teams including US, Canada, Australia, UK, Poland, Korea, Japan, Kenya, Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan and hosts India.
POA President Lt Gen (r) Syed Arif Hasan and Secretary Muhammad Khalid Mahmood have congratulated the team members on the historical performance.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Ju-Jitsu players won 2 Silvers and 5 Bronze Medals in the ju-jitsu event of the beach games.
Top officials of the POA have also greeted the ju-jitsu players on winning altogether seven medals in the competition and termed their performance impressive.
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- China unveils ‘world’s largest’ planetarium08:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Justice Isa taken to hospital after health deteriorates due to Covid ...08:41 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...05:30 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021