Tuba Anwar discusses women empowerment and trolling in latest interview
Pakistan's rising star Syeda Tuba Anwar has been quite visible on social media after her marriage and divorce from the late televangelist Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain.
After her divorce and the death of Liaquat, the Bharas actor has been at the receiving end of public backlash and intense criticism.
In her latest interview with BBC Urdu, Tuba has got candid about victim blaming, woman empowerment, and much more.
Talking about supporting Noor Muqadam, Tuba Anwar said, “Noor Muqadam’s incident was one such incident which came at the point when I was going through a lot in my life, I could connect to Noor on another level, I had never met Noor but I felt very deeply for her, because there were a lot of things which I faced, probably, I can’t tell all things, I don’t know why people victim blame in our society, as a celebrity, I believe I should raise my voice to educate people and I will keep on doing that”.
About trolling, she said, “in start, trolling used to bother me and I used to get hurt but then I realized that negative people do that, it happens with every celebrity and people will always say negative things about you, I just think about their negative mental state while reading abusive words”.
View this post on Instagram
‘Extremely distressful,’ Syeda Tuba on Aamir ... 10:12 AM | 21 Jun, 2022
KARACHI – Syeda Tuba Anwar, former second wife of late televangelist Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain, has expressed her ...
- Security forces kill 10 militants including TTP commander in ...09:13 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 29 November 202208:24 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Malala joins campaign for freedom of oppressed Afghan women11:31 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Yashma Gill dances her heart out at wedding ceremony10:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022