Iran makes epic movie on life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to show the right image of Islam
Directed by Majid Majidi, the 171-minute, visually stunning film cost around $40 million (36 million euros), partly funded by the state, and took more than seven years to complete.
Speaking at a press conference, Majidi said the idea of making the film occurred to him some 8 years ago when an honoring ceremony was planned to be organized for him in Denmark, reported IRNA.
He said it came after some Danish press published desecrating cartoons of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). Majidi declined to attend the ceremony and "decided to do something to introduce the Islamic culture and that is how the production of the movie Muhammad (PBUH) was started 7 years ago."
The movie of the Oscar-nominated Iranian director was shown at the opening of 39th edition of Montreal World Film Festival (MWFF) in Toronto.
The movie Muhammad (PBUH) is the first part of Iran’s big-budget trilogy on the life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021