LESCO to introduce online system for new connections in 2017
This was stated by the Chief Executive Officer of LESCO Wajid Ali Kazmi while speaking at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The LCCI President Abdul Basit and Vice President Muhammad Nasir Hameed Khan also spoke on the occasion while former Vice President Syed Mahmood Ghaznavi, Executive Committee Members Mian Abdul Razzaq, Mian Zahid Javed, Mian Muhammad Nawaz, Muhammad Arshad Chaudhry, Moazzam Rasheed, Syed Mukhtar Ali and renowned businessman Mian Aziz ur Rehman Chan were present in the meeting.
Kazmi showed total commitment to purge LESCO of all ills including power thefts, power breakdowns and corruption. CEO LESCO said that online application system for new connections would not make the process very easy but human links would also be abolished.
He said that initially this system would be started from the general consumer in around 191 subdivisions. He said that line losses are being reduced while recovery is getting better. "LESCO has set the target to bring the line losses to a single digit", he added.
The LESCO chief said mobile meter reading has helped reduce line losses. Soon big consumers would also come in this setup and a new software is being introduced in this regard.
He said that LESCO is contributing 25% towards the total revenue generation of the distributions companies. He said that 0.7 million new meters are being purchased and 18 million faulty meters will be replaced with the new ones.
“Load shedding free era would be started by the end of 2017 as 10,000 MW of electricity would be inducted into the system”, he added and called for energy saving saying that saving one MW of electricity is much cheaper than its generation.
The LCCI President Abdul Basit said that situation of the power supply is better and industry is getting almost uninterrupted electricity but its high prices should be brought down. He said that line losses and electricity theft are the major reasons of energy crisis, therefore, line losses should be brought down to single digit from existing 14 percent.-Online
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- PM Imran regrets criticising diplomats in public05:16 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021