This special chocolate promises 'pain-free periods'
ZURICH - A Swiss company has come up with a special chocolate that can ease periods’ cramps and has a calming effect on consumers.
Called Frauenmond (German for “women’s moon”), the chocolate created by Marc Widmer’s company, Chocolate with Love, contains 60% cocoa and 17 different herbs from the Swiss mountains.
Widmer, a famous pastry chef with loads of experience at top hotels in Switzerland, says he came up with the idea for Frauenmond three years ago, after meeting a peasant family from Grafenort who brewed a tea to alleviate female period symptoms, from the same 17 plants he uses.
Widmer then teamed up with aromatherapist and phytotherapist Claudia Juma-Hotz and spent several months perfecting the formula for Frauenmond chocolate, which he calls “the first healthy chocolate made especially for women”.
That doesn’t mean men can’t enjoy it as well, it’s just that it was conceived to help women better deal with the symptoms of their monthly period.
Experts also agree that eating moderate amounts of quality dark chocolate alone can alleviate cramps and PMS.
A 100 gram bar currently sells for 12.50 Swiss francs ($12). You can currently buy it from the Chocolate with Love website, but Marc Widmer hopes to enter the Asian market next year.
Source: Oddity Central
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021