PML-N beats PTI in Islamabad mayor election
ISLAMABAD – A candidate of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has won the election for Islamabad Mayor by beating Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) nominee.
PML-N’s Peer Adil Shah Gillani managed to bag 43 votes with Malik Sajid Mehmood of the ruling PTI could get 26 votes. Out of a total of 73 votes, 69 were cast, according to unofficial results.
The post fell vacant in October this year after PML-N’s Sheikh Ansar Aziz resigned from the position in a row with the federal government.
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar steps down over ... 07:45 PM | 6 Oct, 2020
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar Aziz, who is also leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), on Tuesday tendered ...
The polling process started at 9:00am and ended at 5:00pm. There were no breaks in between.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan bat first against England in 5th T20I07:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sara Inam laid to rest in Islamabad; father vows to fight till ...06:56 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- BCCI rejects England's offer to host Pakistan-India series06:33 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Hamza Ali Abbasi pens a sweet birthday wish for sister Dr Fazeela03:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Mahira Khan receives compliments backstage after dance performance at ...05:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022