PML-N beats PTI in Islamabad mayor election
ISLAMABAD – A candidate of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has won the election for Islamabad Mayor by beating Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) nominee.
PML-N’s Peer Adil Shah Gillani managed to bag 43 votes with Malik Sajid Mehmood of the ruling PTI could get 26 votes. Out of a total of 73 votes, 69 were cast, according to unofficial results.
The post fell vacant in October this year after PML-N’s Sheikh Ansar Aziz resigned from the position in a row with the federal government.
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar steps down over ... 07:45 PM | 6 Oct, 2020
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar Aziz, who is also leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), on Tuesday tendered ...
The polling process started at 9:00am and ended at 5:00pm. There were no breaks in between.
- OPPO F19 Pro to launch soon – Here is a sneak peek of what is yet ...06:22 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PDM jointly nominates Yousaf Raza Gillani for Senate chairman race06:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi shares his thoughts on International Women's Day05:44 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Four Pakistani officials appointed to South Asian Games 2023 working ...04:47 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Virat Kohli wishes Women's Day to wife Anushka Sharma, daughter ...03:20 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal gender of their second child in ...04:30 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- #IWD2021 – Mukhtaran Mai announces to join Aurat March in Multan ...03:00 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021