Asia Cup 2016: Virat Kohli fined for breaching ICC code of conduct
The Indian player was found to have breached Article 2.1.5 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “showing dissent at an umpire’s decision during an international match”.
The incident happened in the 15th over of India’s innings when Virat Kohli, after being given out leg before, displayed dissent by first showing his bat and then leaving the crease while looking back at the umpire and uttering some words that were contrary to the spirit of the game.
Kohli has admitted the offence, accepting the sanction proposed by Jeff Crowe of the Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.
The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Ruchira Palliyaguruge and Sharfuddoula, third umpire Enamul Haque and fourth official Anisur Rahman.
For all first offences, Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Five FC soldiers martyred in Sibi terrorist attack11:45 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Microsoft launches Windows 11 operating system11:27 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:52 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan got $1 billion loan from China last month10:41 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Sajid Sadpara to scale K2 in search of Ali Sadpara's body10:30 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Deepika Padukone's comment on husband's post winning hearts11:54 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani gives a sneak peek into her US trip06:17 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Britney Spears calls for end to 'abusive' conservatorship04:26 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021