Pakistan's first film on cannibalism is based on true events
LAHORE - The movie Durj is based on true events and is based on true events of cannibalism that took place in Pakistan. The lead cast of the movie includes Shamoon Abbasi, Maira Khan and Sherry Shah.
Abbasi even said there are multiple plots in the movie and people are looking foward to see some meaningful content addressing the menace of society.
Abbasi has been heard to say, “The story for Durj came to me two years ago when I read the news of two brothers in Punjab who would dig graves and eat the bodies. They were caught and put behind bars but were released two years later. After their release, they started doing it again. They had a mental disorder and there’s is no medical record of these people. However, I did not include all this in the movie. I do not want my film to be gory or bloody, I kept in mind that Pakistani cinema is not into such movies so I kept it on a lighter note.”
- Tareen, Monis and Bakhtiar family among top beneficiaries of sugar ...12:53 AM | 5 Apr, 2020
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019