Pakistan's first film on cannibalism is based on true events
LAHORE - The movie Durj is based on true events and is based on true events of cannibalism that took place in Pakistan. The lead cast of the movie includes Shamoon Abbasi, Maira Khan and Sherry Shah.
Abbasi even said there are multiple plots in the movie and people are looking foward to see some meaningful content addressing the menace of society.
Abbasi has been heard to say, “The story for Durj came to me two years ago when I read the news of two brothers in Punjab who would dig graves and eat the bodies. They were caught and put behind bars but were released two years later. After their release, they started doing it again. They had a mental disorder and there’s is no medical record of these people. However, I did not include all this in the movie. I do not want my film to be gory or bloody, I kept in mind that Pakistani cinema is not into such movies so I kept it on a lighter note.”
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Ex-GB governor Syed Pir Karam Ali Shah dies at 8612:58 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020