Pakistan to celebrate Eidul Fitr on June 5: Science & IT ministry
ISLAMABAD – This year’s Eid ul Fitr is scheduled to be celebrated across Pakistan on June 5 based on the lunar observations, according to Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry.
Chaudhary had on Sunday sent the five-year Hijri Calendar to the Islamic Ideology Council, saying he personally believes “there is no need to have Ruet-t-Hilal Committee in the country.”
MoonSighting Pakistan launched..... https://t.co/1HSEzw7cMf— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) May 26, 2019
The calendar will be presented before cabinet on Wednesday.
Meanwhile on Tuesday, the Ministry of Interior announced four holidays (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr 2019.
According to a notification issued by the ministry, the vacations would start from June 4 and run until June 7 (Friday).
Pakistan announces four holidays on Eid-ul-Fitr ... 04:15 PM | 28 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Ministry of Interior announced on Tuesday four holidays on the occasion of Eid ul Fitr 2019. According ...
However, the final date will be confirmed by the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee after it will meet for sighting the crescent of Shawwal 1440 AH will be held on June 4 (Tuesday) in Karachi.
According to the notification of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Chairman Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman will chair the meeting.
The other members of committee will attend Zonal and District Ruet-e-Hilal Committees at their respective places.
The meeting of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) committee would be held at Ministry of Religious Affairs, near General Post Office (GPO) Islamabad.
The Chairman Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman will announce the decision on crescent sighting or otherwise subsequently on the basis of information received.
Eidul Fitr celebrations mark the culmination of the Holy month of Ramazan during which Muslims all over the world observe 30 days of fasting.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020