Pakistan, China join hands for forest fire management
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and China have agreed to cooperate in the use of modern technologies for early warning, mitigation and response to forest fires.
The agreement was reached at a high level virtual meeting of the delegations of the two countries under the framework of Pak-China cooperation on disaster management, reported Radio Pakistan.
Both sides agreed to establish a Joint Working Group comprising of experts officials from both sides for exploring areas of cooperation and working out details of such collaboration.
Pakistan’s delegation was led by Chairman NDMA Lieutenant General Akhtar Nawaz while Director General of Department of International Cooperation and Rescue Liu Weimin headed the Chinese delegation.
The Chinese side was briefed by the NDMA on the overall challenges of forest fires in Pakistan.
The Chinese delegation offered their support in establishing joint monitoring systems, early warning mechanisms through use of satellite technology and resource sharing for response.
KP govt declares emergency as forest fire ... 04:46 PM | 22 May, 2022
PESHAWAR – In the wake of a massive forest fire in the Koh-e-Suleman mountain range, the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) ...
- Pakistani ace climber Shehroze Kashif rues lack of support after ...06:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Govt to issue red notice to bring back Farah Khan, husband from Dubai06:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- After Punjab, Sindh allows markets to remain open sans timings bar ...05:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022