Pakistan reports two new cases of polio virus
ISLAMABAD — Two new children in Pakistan have been reported infected with wild poliovirus, bringing this year’s total cases to six in the South Asian country.
Both cases were reported in North Waziristan district of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, according to the health officials.
After staying in a polio-free country for almost 15 months, Pakistan has reported six cases of polio in 2022 so far. A five-day anti-polio campaign is currently underway across Pakistan. The polio drive began on May 23.
During the campaign, approximately 43.3 million children under the age of five years will be administered the anti-polio vaccine.
Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports ... 08:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The latest victim to fall prey to the virus is a boy from the North Waziristan district of Khyber ...
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022