Pakistan reports two new cases of polio virus
ISLAMABAD — Two new children in Pakistan have been reported infected with wild poliovirus, bringing this year’s total cases to six in the South Asian country.
Both cases were reported in North Waziristan district of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, according to the health officials.
After staying in a polio-free country for almost 15 months, Pakistan has reported six cases of polio in 2022 so far. A five-day anti-polio campaign is currently underway across Pakistan. The polio drive began on May 23.
During the campaign, approximately 43.3 million children under the age of five years will be administered the anti-polio vaccine.
Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports ... 08:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The latest victim to fall prey to the virus is a boy from the North Waziristan district of Khyber ...
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Army chief tells military, intelligence officials to stay away from ...10:45 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- realme 9 Series Redefined Ultra-clear Smartphone Photography with ...10:25 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022