Indian soldier kills comrade in J&K camp
Police are investigating the incident at Madar area, which appears to be a case of fratricidal killing.
A spokesperson of the BSF said that head constable Chandrabhan of Haryana was killed in the incident.
“Police is investigating the matter and the alleged suspect, a jawan, has been handed over. Further details will be clear after investigation,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
In July, an Indian Army soldier posted in Uri sector pumped five bullets into a major, killing him on the spot after he was reprimanded by him over cellphone usage at the sensitive post.
Apart from fratricide, more than 100 cases of suicide are reported every year in the armed forces.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021