Indian soldier kills comrade in J&K camp
Police are investigating the incident at Madar area, which appears to be a case of fratricidal killing.
A spokesperson of the BSF said that head constable Chandrabhan of Haryana was killed in the incident.
“Police is investigating the matter and the alleged suspect, a jawan, has been handed over. Further details will be clear after investigation,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
In July, an Indian Army soldier posted in Uri sector pumped five bullets into a major, killing him on the spot after he was reprimanded by him over cellphone usage at the sensitive post.
Apart from fratricide, more than 100 cases of suicide are reported every year in the armed forces.
- Lieutenant General (Retired) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- #PTI leader #HaleemAdilSheikh confirms marriage to party MPA ...11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- SBP puts limits on financing for imported vehicles10:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021