Visually impaired beggar dies after air pumped into his body at Lahore's tyre shop
LAHORE – A visually impaired beggar died from terrible injuries after three suspects at a tyre shop filled his body with air by inserting a high-pressure air pump nozzle into his rectum in the limits of Kahna police station.
The victim identified as Muhammad Iqbal, 42, while begging reached the shop run by Imran at Purana Kahna Stop and asked for money as alms when the horrific assault happened on November 24, according to a complaint lodged by beggar’s father.
Sub Inspector Muhammad Sharjil Awan said that main suspect Umar has been arrested in a swift action while efforts are underway to nab other culprits.
The complainant, Noor Mohammad, said that a suspect named Umar son of Yousaf along with two unknown men pushed his son to the ground and forced air into his body through the mechanical pump, causing bleeding from his anus.
“Gulfam Ali, Basharat and I were passing near the crime scene and we watched all the episode,” he claimed.
“My son for crying for help,” he wrote in the application.
The victim was in a critical situation when he was shifted to the General Hospital where he, later, succumbed to severe internal injuries.
After receiving the complaints, police officials reached hospital to take the statement of the beggar but it could not happen due to his critical condition.
A case has been registered against the suspects.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020