Over 3300 Dengue cases reported across Punjab in 2019, confirms health department
According to a report issued by the department, 2,608 patients out of the total 3,377 were discharged from hospitals after treatment while six dengue patients across the province are in intensive care units and the rest were out of danger.
During the last 24 hours, 119 dengue patients have been discharged from hospitals across the province, said the report.
Delving further into the details, the report says 13 dengue cases have been reported from Lahore, six from Mandi Bahauddin, four each from Gujranwala and Gujrat, three each from Muzaffar Garh and Sargodha, two from Nankana, one each from Fasialabad and Shekhupura, while no case was reported from Multan during the past 24 hours.
The maximum number of cases reported during the past 24 hours were 148 from Rawalpindi.
The statistics come as the provincial government paces up efforts to destroy the larva and reproduction of dengue mosquito.
In this regard, the government teams checked 233,761 indoors and 70,647 outdoor spots and destroyed larvae at 1,707 points, Dawn News reported.
During the operation, 17 people were arrested and 740 others were warned during the past 24 hours for violating rules and regulations laid down for dengue prevention. The authorities also lodged 76 cases against different commercial places and sealed nine commercial spots.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021