Pakistan records 566 fresh cases, 9 new deaths from coronavirus
ISLAMABAD – The total active COVID-19 cases in Pakistan reached to 8,353 on Monday as 566 more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the last 24 hours.
Nine patients, eight out of which were under treatment in hospital and one died out of hospital on Sunday, according to the latest update issued by the National command and Operation Centre (NCOC), raising the total COVID-19 related fatalities to 6,466.
No COVID affected person was on ventilator in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Balochistan, while 80 ventilators elsewhere in Pakistan, out of 1,912 allocated for COVID-19 patients, were occupied.
Some 28,887 tests were conducted across the country on Sunday, including 9,700 in Sindh, 9,528 in Punjab, 3,726 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 3,544 in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 1,179 in Balochistan, 502 in Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and 708 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Around 296,022 people have recovered from the disease so far across Pakistan making it a significant count with over 90 percent recovery ratio of the affected patients.
Since the pandemic outbreak, a total of 310,841 cases were detected so far, including AJK 2,661, Balochistan 15,092, GB 3,681, ICT 16,470, KP 37,701, Punjab 99,219 and Sindh 136,017.
About 6,466 deaths were recorded in country since the eruption of the contagion, including 2,492 in Sindh among 5 of them in hospital and 1 out of hospital on Sunday, 2,231 in Punjab one of them in hospital on Sunday, 1,259 in KP, 181 in ICT, 145 in Balochistan, 87 in GB two of them in hospital on Sunday and 71 in AJK.
A total of 3,449,541 corona tests have been conducted so far, while 735 hospitals are equipped with COVID facilities. Some 681 coronavirus patients were admitted in hospitals across the country.
Meanwhile, the number of coronavirus cases across the world has surpassed 33.3 million while the pandemic has claimed more than one million lives so far.
The United States is the worst hit country with over 7.3 million infection cases and nearly 209,400 deaths.
More than twenty-four point six million patients stand recovered.
- 226 Pakistani doctors, paramedic staffs depart for employment in ...01:53 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- China welcomes Pakistan's decision to lift ban on TikTok01:47 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan motorway gang-rape suspects identified by victim at Lahore ...01:04 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Sonya Hussain starts her own YouTube channel12:28 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Camila Cabello inspired every song Shawn Mendes ever wrote11:17 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Sana Javed and Umair Jaswal tie the knot10:23 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- At least five killed, 20 injured in explosion near Karachi's Maskan ...10:27 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020