China to lift 10 million people out of poverty in 2019
Hu Chunhua, also a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and head of the State Council Leading Group Office of Poverty Alleviation and Development has described 2019 as a "crucial year" to secure a victory in the "tough battle" against poverty, China Global Television Network (CGTN) reported on Saturday.
Next year, priorities in poverty alleviation include providing basic social services to poor people, intensifying efforts to help the most poverty-stricken regions and special groups of impoverished people, as well as taking follow-up measures to improve the livelihood of relocated people, according to Hu.
The fight against poverty is one of China's "three tough battles" in the goal to deliver a moderately prosperous society by 2020. The other two are nationwide efforts to prevent financial risks and tackle pollution.
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022