Fariha Pervez bids farewell to 'western clothing' and pop songs
The singer, known for her versatility and rendition of various popular and famous ghazals, was spotted at a brunch earlier today in an 'Islamic attire' where she stated that she will now only sing Sufi songs due to her 'spiritual awakening'.
According to the source, the singer recently returned to Pakistan after a months-long sojourn in the United States where she had been living with her ex-husband Nouman Javaid.
Fariha says she won't be singing any 'unreligious' and conventional Lollywood songs but will pursue her career as a 'Sufi singer' and will wear 'Islamic clothes'. The singer also added that she is currently declining all offers for singing and performances.
Fariha has also won several awards for her albums and released her latest album 'Abhi Abhi' in 2010.
Fariha is not the first showbiz personality to bid farewell to her career. Before her, renowned celebs like Nargis, Veena Malik and the late religious preacher Junaid Jamshed had abandoned their careers and professions for the sake of religion, after 'spiritual awakening'.
- Incarcerated Haleem Adil in hospital again as health deteriorates10:05 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Vote of Confidence: Here's how procedure for a motion of confidence ...09:36 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,714 new Covid-19 cases, 38 deaths08:45 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 March 202108:17 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021