Fariha Pervez bids farewell to 'western clothing' and pop songs
The singer, known for her versatility and rendition of various popular and famous ghazals, was spotted at a brunch earlier today in an 'Islamic attire' where she stated that she will now only sing Sufi songs due to her 'spiritual awakening'.
According to the source, the singer recently returned to Pakistan after a months-long sojourn in the United States where she had been living with her ex-husband Nouman Javaid.
Fariha says she won't be singing any 'unreligious' and conventional Lollywood songs but will pursue her career as a 'Sufi singer' and will wear 'Islamic clothes'. The singer also added that she is currently declining all offers for singing and performances.
Fariha has also won several awards for her albums and released her latest album 'Abhi Abhi' in 2010.
Fariha is not the first showbiz personality to bid farewell to her career. Before her, renowned celebs like Nargis, Veena Malik and the late religious preacher Junaid Jamshed had abandoned their careers and professions for the sake of religion, after 'spiritual awakening'.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021