China to computerise all organ donations
Hospitals, where transplant surgeries are performed, should enter the information of all patients waiting for transplants into the China Organ Transplant Response Systems and keep it updated, the newspaper quoted a regulation released by the National Health Commission Monday, as saying.
Organ procurement organizations, in the meantime, should register information on potential donors in the computerized platform to share and distribute donated organs while making an assessment of the donors.
The transplant response system, supervised by health authorities at the provincial level or above, can automatically match donated organs with potential recipients and distribute organs based on defined principles, including urgency, the newspaper quoted Wang Haibo, who is in charge of the system, as saying.
The regulation, which will take effect on March 1, bans any organization or individual from distributing donated organs on their own. China banned the use of organs from executed prisoners in 2015 and made a voluntary donation the only legitimate source.
China has become the second-largest country in the number of annual organ transplant surgeries, next to the United States. Last year, the number of people who donated organs after death exceeded 21,000 in China, with more than 58,000 organs donated, the commission said.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022