Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident
PESHAWAR - Unknown gunmen on Wednesday shot dead a female polio worker and wounded another in Swabi's Parmoli area.
The polio vaccinators came under attack when they were on duty aims at eliminating the crippling and potentially deadly infectious disease.
Police also confirmed the incident, stating that the injured lady health worker was shifted to the Kalu Khan Hospital for treatment.
Swabi's District Police Officer Imran Shahid said that the incident happened in the area where security was not on high alert.
He said that evidence including bullets have been collected from the crime scene for investigation.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has taken notice of the incident and directed the Inspector General of Police Sanaullah Abbasi to submit a report on the incident.
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...10:27 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- 65-years old woman injured in Indian unprovoked firing along LoC09:54 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020