LHC disposes pleas against barricading roads to stop PDM's Gujranwala public gathering
LAHORE - Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday has wrapped up pleas against blocking main roads to stop opposition alliance’ Pakistan Democratic Movement’s (PDM) rally in Gujranwala today (Friday).
According to media details, Punjab Advocate General Ahmed Awais appeared before the court and informed the court that No worker of the PDM has been arrested, as the opposition parties have been allowed to hold peaceful protest.
Subsequently, the court has dismissed the matter on advocate general’s statement.
On the other hand, preparations have been completed for PDM, an alliance of major opposition parties, show of political force in Gujranwala today.
At least 7,000 policemen and officers have been deployed at the Jinnah Stadium for security reasons as main leaders of major oppositions parties will address the public gathering in Gujranwala.
- Pakistan decides to curtail powers of CPEC Authority chairman05:55 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Shehbaz Sharif remanded to jail for another 14 days, will be kept in ...04:56 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan reports 14 new deaths, 625 fresh cases of COVID-1904:29 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar discusses Afghan peace process with PM Imran03:42 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Mahira Khan shares a heartfelt tribute for mom's birthday02:14 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- #PolishedMan: Celebs participate in promoting a safe environment for ...10:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020