PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has started a process for the privatisation of the state-owned entities, with an aim to complete sale transaction of six entities this fiscal year.
Minister for Privatization, Muhammad Mian Soomro, who was flanked by Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan and Secretary Privatization Rizwan Malik at a media briefing, vowed to complete the process with transparency and efficiency.
He said that rules of Public Procurement Regulatory Authority and past court judgments will be fully observed while carrying out the privatization of the entities, Radio Pakistan reported.
He said bids have been received for Haveli Bahadur Shah Plant of 1230 MW and Balloki plant of 1,223 MW, which shows their trust on present government's economic policies.
Speaking on the occasion, Secretary Privatization Rizwan Malik said the proceedings of the privatization will be utilized on debt servicing and public welfare projects.
He said the huge response was seen during the roadshows held by the privatization commission in various countries and after a period of ten years, the strategic sale will restart in Pakistan.
The secretary Privatisation said that due diligence of twenty-seven government properties, that are non-utilized, has also been completed.
In her remarks, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan said the non-functional government entities will be privatised.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020