PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has started a process for the privatisation of the state-owned entities, with an aim to complete sale transaction of six entities this fiscal year.
Minister for Privatization, Muhammad Mian Soomro, who was flanked by Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan and Secretary Privatization Rizwan Malik at a media briefing, vowed to complete the process with transparency and efficiency.
He said that rules of Public Procurement Regulatory Authority and past court judgments will be fully observed while carrying out the privatization of the entities, Radio Pakistan reported.
He said bids have been received for Haveli Bahadur Shah Plant of 1230 MW and Balloki plant of 1,223 MW, which shows their trust on present government's economic policies.
Speaking on the occasion, Secretary Privatization Rizwan Malik said the proceedings of the privatization will be utilized on debt servicing and public welfare projects.
He said the huge response was seen during the roadshows held by the privatization commission in various countries and after a period of ten years, the strategic sale will restart in Pakistan.
The secretary Privatisation said that due diligence of twenty-seven government properties, that are non-utilized, has also been completed.
In her remarks, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan said the non-functional government entities will be privatised.
- Ashraf Ghani declared winner of Afghan presidential poll10:33 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan reiterates demand for justice for victims of Samjhauta ...09:29 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- At Kartarpur, UNSG lauds Pakistan’s efforts for peace, interfaith ...08:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Nationwide polio immunization drive continues to vaccinate 39 million ...05:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa finish shooting for Quaid-e-Azam ...10:58 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- FIR lodged against Solis Festival, company blacklisted: DC Islamabad10:56 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019