Khadija stab case: Primary suspect sentenced to 7 years in prison
LAHORE - A judicial magistrate in Lahore sentenced the primary suspect in Khadija stab case to seven years in prison, here on Saturday.
The court ordered the police to immediately arrest Shah Hussain on charges of attempted murder.
The case relates to Khadija Siddiqui, a law student, who was allegedly attacked by her class fellow, Shah Husain, on May 3, 2016, near Shimla Hill, Lahore where she along with her driver had gone to pick her younger sister from school.
Both sisters were about to get into their car when the helmet-wearing suspect Hussain attacked Khadija with a knife and stabbed her 23 times leaving her critically injured.
She was saved by her driver, who had tried to overpower the attacker, forcing him to flee from the scene.
A few days later, the injured Khadija had identified her attacker and got him booked on charges of attempted murder.
Civil Lines police had registered a case against Shah Husain who is the son of lawyer Tanvir Hashmi.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah took administrative notice of Khadija stab case, in June 2017 and directed the judicial magistrate to hear the trial on daily basis and conclude it in 30 days.
After today's judgment Khadija expressed that she was subjected to character assassination during the whole period however, he had no personal grudge against the suspect.
The law student lavished praise on media outlets for highlighting the case and thanked those who took stand for her.
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022