Sindh bans plastic bags from October 1
In a tweet, Sindh Chief Minister's Adviser on Information Senator Murtaza Wahab announced a notification stating that the provincial government invoked the Sindh Prohibition of Non-degradable Plastic Products and the Sindh Environment Protection Act 2014.
The notification read further that “the provincial government “is pleased to impose complete ban on the manufacturing, sales, purchase and use of non-degradable plastic bags of all sizes.”.
The provincial government further directed the use instead of oxo-biodegradable plastic, which is known to degrade in the open environment, and is seen as an environment-friendly replacement of single-use plastic packaging.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019