Sindh bans plastic bags from October 1
In a tweet, Sindh Chief Minister's Adviser on Information Senator Murtaza Wahab announced a notification stating that the provincial government invoked the Sindh Prohibition of Non-degradable Plastic Products and the Sindh Environment Protection Act 2014.
The notification read further that “the provincial government “is pleased to impose complete ban on the manufacturing, sales, purchase and use of non-degradable plastic bags of all sizes.”.
The provincial government further directed the use instead of oxo-biodegradable plastic, which is known to degrade in the open environment, and is seen as an environment-friendly replacement of single-use plastic packaging.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020