Pakistan signs Articles of Agreement of AIIB
Representatives of fifty-seven founding member countries of the bank participated in the ceremony.
Finance Minister Mohammad Ishaq Dar represented Pakistan at the ceremony.
The United Kingdom, Germany, Australia and South Korea are among the founding members.
The bank, which will have billions of dollars to lend, is expected to go into operation later this year.
The Bank aims to narrow down Asia’s infrastructure gaps by providing financing for infrastructure projects in the region.
An inter-ministerial meeting will also be held in Beijing today to discuss important financial and administrative matters about the future working of AIIB.
The Finance Minister will also hold meetings with senior Chinese leadership and discuss different avenues of bilateral economic cooperation, including all important China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
He will meet heads of China's Exim Bank and Development Bank. The Minister will also have interaction with leaders from other countries attending the AIIB signing ceremony.
- T20 World Cup: Fakhar Zaman's fifty guides Pakistan to mammoth total ...08:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Cdre Habibur Rehman promoted to rank of Rear Admiral: Pakistan Navy08:29 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ex-cricketer Michael Slater arrested in Sydney07:59 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan asks UN to compensate victims of enforced disappearances in ...07:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army chief urges global efforts for Afghanistan in meeting ...06:43 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021