PTI candidate wins Mirpur by-poll
Unofficial reports said the PTI candidate got 15,691 votes wheras PPP's Chaudhry Ashraf bagged 12,811.
Earlier, Voting took place here on Sunday in Mirpur city of Azad Jammu and Kashmir for by-election on Legislative Assembly seat, LA-III.
A total of 10 candidates belonging to various political parties and two independent candidates were in run for the seat.
The contest mainly remained between PPP’s Chaudhry Ashraf, PTI’s Barrister Sultan Mahmood and an independent candidate Ejaz Raza.
PML-N candidate Arshad Mahmood Ghazi had withdrew in favour of Chaudhry Muhammad Ashraf.
Local administration took all measures to maintain complete peace and order during the polling.
Rangers were called in to assist the local civil administration to maintain peaceful environment on the day of polling.
AJK Election Commission had warned that if any of the candidate or their supporter was found involved in creating disturbance, the concerned candidate would be disqualified.
The seat had become vacant after the former AJK Prime Minister and sitting Member of the AJK Legislative Assembly Barrister Sultan Mahmood Chaudhry had resigned from the Assembly seat, leaving the ruling PPP fold to join Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
- Female Lawyer aerial firing clip goes viral on social media (VIDEO)09:28 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202008:30 AM | 30 Nov, 2020
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- 'Young Imran Khan' in old photo09:04 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020