Pakistani citizens to not be evacuated from China owing to fears of coronavirus spread, says Zafar Mirza
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza on Thursday Pakistani citizens stranded in China, the main country for the new coronavirus outbreak, center for the new coronavirus, will not be evacuated due the fears of its spread in the country.
Addressing a press conference, he confirmed that not a single case of the new virus has surfaced in Pakistan, adding that four students contracted the coronavirus in China were being monitored closely.
He said according to World Health Organization and Chinese government's policy, evacuating citizens from the affected areas is not recommended as it will cause the virus to spread, Radio Pakistan reported.
Zafar said that the government was fully prepared in combating the outbreak and was taking all possible measures to protect the citizens of Pakistan from the disease, which has no vaccine.
He said Pakistan and China are continuously sharing information on the cases of corona virus and mutual collaboration will help in controlling the outbreak.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020