PM Imran hails Trudeau for standing up against Islamophobia
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday commended Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as the latter appointed a special representative to deal with Islamophobia in North American country.
Responding to the Canadian premier’s move, Khan welcomes the unequivocal condemnation of Islamophobia by the Liberal Party leader and his plan to appoint a special representative to combat this contemporary scourge.
“I welcome Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's unequivocal condemnation of #Islamophobia & his plan to appoint a Special Representative to combat this contemporary scourge. His timely call to action resonates with what I have long argued. Let us join hands to put an end to this menace”, the caption cited.
I welcome Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau's unequivocal condemnation of #Islamophobia & his plan to appoint a Special Representative to combat this contemporary scourge. His timely call to action resonates with what I have long argued. Let us join hands to put an end to this menace— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 30, 2022
Earlier, Trudeau in a recent tweet said “Islamophobia is unacceptable”. The 50-year-old said that they need to put an end to this hate and make their communities safer for Muslim Canadians.
Islamophobia is unacceptable. Full stop. We need to put an end to this hate and make our communities safer for Muslim Canadians. To help with that, we intend to appoint a Special Representative on combatting Islamophobia. More details here: https://t.co/sEiOYlLRaw— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) January 29, 2022
Last year, the Canadian PM and the leaders of federal parties visited a mosque in Ontario, where they joined thousands at a vigil for a Muslim family crushed to death by a pickup driver.
North American region suffered several mass killings motivated by Islamophobia in recent years than any other country in the G7, per reports.
Russian President Putin says disrespecting ... 02:11 PM | 24 Dec, 2021
MOSCOW – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday said that insulting Islam's Prophet Mohammed PBUH is not ...
Prime Minister Imran Khan, who remained a vocal person in awareness about rising Islamophobia, earlier welcomed the statement of Russian President Vladimir Putin in which he said that blasphemy does not count as freedom of expression.
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Jacqueline Fernandez booked in extortion case07:12 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Prime suspect in Faisalabad sexual assault case publicly beaten up in ...06:57 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022