Good news for eateries: 'Ayesha Mumtaz' arrested
Police sources said the accused, Najma Zamir, was extorting money from the food shop owners in the Johar Town area by impersonating Ayesha Mumtaz. Soon, the Police was called by locals, who began doubting the identity of the female con artist.
During the brief investigation, the accused who admitted to the charges against said she had been minting money from businessmen for the past one year.
Police also arrested Khalil Ahmad Butt, Muzammal Hussian Shah and Irfan Mehmood in connection with the fraud and recovered dozens of fake journalist identification cards from their possession.
- Mohammad Amir set to play for London Spirit in England's Hundred ...11:07 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- China unveils super-speed train prototype that hits 620 kph10:36 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Co-build ecosystem with Haier brand seminar 202109:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Aiman Zaman and husband respond to leaked video controversy08:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Ex-Corps commander Bilal Akbar appointed Pakistan’s new envoy to ...08:19 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Chinese children's performance on Sohni Dharti winning hearts in ...07:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- ‘Mashroob-e-Maghrib’ – Hareem Shah reveals the favourite drink ...03:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021