Easy to return to Pakistan after Nawaz's ouster: Pervez Musharraf
During an interview with an Indian newspaper, Musharraf termed the Supreme Court’s verdict disqualifying Nawaz Sharif as ‘great’ and ‘pleasant for Pakistanis’.
Dismissing the popular perception prevailing among PML-N members that the ouster was a judicial coup, Musharraf expressed that Nawaz Sharif deserved this treatment as he distorted facts and misled the nation.
"SC’s decision was according to the wishes of Pakistani nation," he said.
Expressing that the verdict favored Imran Khan, the former president also hinted at the possibility of an alliance with his party PTI.
“In the next General Elections, alliance can be made against PML-N with many parties besides Imran Khan. Our aim is to impede PML-N and PPP."
Musharraf who himself led a bloodless coup against Nawaz Sharif back in 1999 maintained that the nation tried Sharifs thrice but they 'looted the country and gave only disappointment'.
The former president declared reports regarding Hurriyet leader’s receiving funds from Pakistan and torching the schools as ‘malicious propaganda’.
“Hurriyet leaders are mujahideen and want to help the Kashmiris. On the contrary, Indian army is committing genocide in Kashmir,” he pronounced.
He also talked about US’s move to discontinue 350 million dollar funds to Pakistan and vehemently claimed that "Pakistan will not die without these funds."
Acknowledging China as Pakistan’s great friend, he dismissed reports that it wanted to make Pakistan its slave.
It is relevant to mention that a five-member bench of the Supreme Court unanimously disqualified Nawaz Sharif as prime minister of the country on Friday for concealing his employment with FZE Capital, a firm managed by his son Hassan Nawaz.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021