First electric bus inaugurated in Karachi
KARACHI – Sindh Transport Minister Syed Awais Qadir Shah on Tuesday inaugurated electric buses in the mega city.
During the inauguration, he announced that electric buses in the city would initially operate from Karachi Tower to Sohrab Goth and the fare would Rs4 per kilometer.
The minister said that transport was a big issue for the people of Karachi and the government was contemplating introducing electric buses in the megacity.
Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry congratulated the Sindh government on the move. "Want to congratulate Sindh Govt specially @MuradAliShahPPP and ministry of transport on their remarkable step to add electric bus in Karachi Commuters system, @MinistryofST is fully behind Sind Govt in this futuristic approach hope Punjab and KP ll also take same route ASAP," he wrote on twitter.
Want to congratulate Sindh Govt specially @MuradAliShahPPP and ministry of transport on their remarkable step to add electric bus in Karachi Commuters system,@MinistryofST is fully behind Sind Govt in this futuristic approach hope Punjab and KP ll also take same route ASAP— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) March 30, 2021
Earlier, Fawad Chaudhry had said: “We would suggest this project to the Sindh government through the governor,” the minister said, adding he would also meet Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah in the next visit to request him to switch the public transport in Karachi to electricity.
In view of the latest spike regarding corona cases in Punjab, CM Usman Buzdar had announced suspension of public transport until further notice. Metro buses, Orange train and Speedo buses operated by the Punjab government have been suspended to avoid public gathering.
Talking to media on Sunday, Mr Chaudhry regretted that PPP was working with extremist political parties, adding it was a pity that now the PPP leadership was seeking the help of extremist forces to continue its politics in the country.
While criticising the opposition, he said they tried to make ‘political bargain’ during the passage of FATF-related bills, but failed.
Pakistan to become first-ever South Asian country ... 05:04 PM | 26 Aug, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Science and Technology Chaudhry Fawad Hussain on Wednesday said Pakistan would ...
- Indian army helicopter carrying chief of defence staff Bipin Rawat ...01:18 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- US Consulate General in Lahore expresses satisfaction over election ...01:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ECP warns PM Imran not to visit Peshawar ahead of local body polls12:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Railways minister suspends driver, assistant for halting train to buy ...11:42 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Navy successfully test-fires surface-to-air missile (VIDEO)11:16 AM | 8 Dec, 2021
- ‘Dream come true’ – Aima Baig becomes Spotify Pakistan’s most ...09:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal in legal trouble ahead of ‘wedding’09:42 PM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Asim Azhar gives a witty response to crowd chanting Hania Aamir's name06:10 PM | 7 Dec, 2021