A company run by a computer, with no boss, employees or office just raised $127 million
The organization, Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO), basically uses cryptocurrency (an online alternate to traditional paper currency) to market and crowdfund projects. Recently, it amassed over a hundred million dollars by issuing DAO currency tokens online, which regularly increase in value after a fixed time and represent ownership of shares in the company.
DAO is a self-governing company that uses mathematical code to make its decisions, ensuring complete transparency and eliminating middle-men from all financial transactions. Within this autonomous system, token owners are shareholders of the firm and all they need to access the system is a computer with a working internet connection.
The DAO token crowd sale bagged more than $131 million in few weeks, stunning business observers around the world.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021