A company run by a computer, with no boss, employees or office just raised $127 million
The organization, Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO), basically uses cryptocurrency (an online alternate to traditional paper currency) to market and crowdfund projects. Recently, it amassed over a hundred million dollars by issuing DAO currency tokens online, which regularly increase in value after a fixed time and represent ownership of shares in the company.
DAO is a self-governing company that uses mathematical code to make its decisions, ensuring complete transparency and eliminating middle-men from all financial transactions. Within this autonomous system, token owners are shareholders of the firm and all they need to access the system is a computer with a working internet connection.
The DAO token crowd sale bagged more than $131 million in few weeks, stunning business observers around the world.
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- GSV overwhelmed by PFL franchise bids from around the world05:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Hareem Shah unveils the face of her lover in latest post04:15 PM | 20 Sep, 2021