Another Ramazan of skyrocketing prices? Food will become even more expensive after finalization of Federal Budget
Consumers have become used to price hikers every Ramazan over the last many years. However, this year prices will reach unprecedented levels after the government presents the federal budget for the fiscal year 2016-17 on June 3rd, only a few days before the start of the month.
According to sources, the government has decided to increase Federal Excise Duty (FED) on imported food items, including many daily use items. FED on soft drinks are likely to hit 3.5 percent mark in the upcoming budget. Therefore, consumers will pay Rs. 8 to Rs. 10 per litre more to buy soft drinks during Ramazan.
On the other hand, FED on imported chicken, pineapples, cotton yarn, fabrics, artificial jewelry, frozen fish and other items are also likely to be increased from 10 percent to 11 percent.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily Covid death toll during fourth wave09:06 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 20 October 202108:39 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021