Pakistan drop to fourth position in new ICC Test rankings
Similarly, the International Cricket Council (ICC) player rankings for Test Batsmen also bring bad news for Pakistan players as well. Veteran batsman Younis Khan dropped to number 10 from number four, while opener Azhar Ali fell one place to reach number 17. Asad Shafiq lost two places to sit at number 24.
Leg-spinner Yasir Shah also slumped to ninth spot from the previous seventh spot in the ICC Player Rankings for Test Bowlers.
India captain Virat Kohli meanwhile moved up to a career-best third spot in the latest rankings for batsmen, following his team’s eight-wicket win over England in the third Test in Mohali.
Australia captain Steve Smith tops the rankings, while England’s Joe Root sits on second place. New Zealand captain Kane Williamson is at number four, followed by Proteas Hashim Amla and AB de Villiers.
For the complete rankings, click here.
- Orange Line officials brutally thrash labourers for taking shelter ...11:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Suleman Shehbaz in money ...11:25 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran talks about Broadsheet revelations, Chan's resignation in ...11:09 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- North Korea unveils ‘world's most powerful’ weapon10:29 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- 'One marriage only,' Akhundzada issues unprecedented guidelines for ...09:51 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021