88 minor girls forced to undress as punishment in India
According to police, the students of class VI and VII of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Tani Happa (New Sagalee) in Papum Pare district were subjected to the humiliating treatment on November 23, however, the matter came to light on November 27 after the victims approached the All Sagalee Students Union (ASSU).
According to the FIR lodged by the union, two assistant teachers and a junior teacher forced students to undress before other students following the recovery of a piece of paper containing vulgar words about the head teacher and a girl student.
Papum Pare Superintendent of Police Tumme Amo confirmed the filing of the FIR by ASSU and said the case has been forwarded to the women police station in Itanagar.
'The officer-in-charge of the (women) police station said the victims and their parents along with the teachers will be interrogated before registering a case,' Tumme Amo said.
Meanwhile, a team of All Papum Pare District Students Union (APPDSU) met the students and teachers on Wednesday and found that an unidentified student had used vulgar words in a piece of paper mentioning the name of the head teacher and a girl student.
A press release by APPDSU stated that the teachers demanded an explanation from all the 88 students of classes VI and VII, who were later made to undress before the other students as punishment.
'The school authorities did not speak to the parents of the students before punishing them,' APPDSU president Nabam Tado said.
The Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) has condemned the incident and said such "heinous act" by the teachers might affect the students.
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Dolly celebrates birthday in style04:29 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022